We are a long-term care facility in Oconto Falls and pride ourselves on the quality of care and attention to improvement that we provide to our residents. We are seeking a detail-oriented MDS Coordinator to maintain proper entry of assessments and care plans for all residents and occasionally support the Director of Nursing in direct care related tasks. Job duties are in accordance with the appropriate State and Federal regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter all MDS information is per schedule and in compliance with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Assess and evaluate information provided by the DON, Charge Nurses and various other departments contributing to the residents' MDS assessments.
- Monitor care related information and lab results that influence resident acuity, treatment, diagnosis, and classification and make changes in the MDS as appropriate.
- Assure resident care plans are completed and updated timely in compliance with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the assessment schedule with the inter-disciplinary team to ensure timeliness of assessments and maximize reimbursement for all Medicare PPS assessments.
- Report all opportunities to improve and enhance resident care, documentation, and reporting related to the MDS reporting process to the Administrator and DON.
- Update daily all relevant information sent from physicians in the MDS system and ensure monthly physician orders are printed and checked before the last day of each month.
- Maintains compliance with requirements in compliance program/plan.
- Required licenses or certifications:
- Registered Nursing License in the State of Wisconsin or participating Compact State.
- Health, Dental and Vision benefit
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick time
- 401k (plus employer match)
- Supportive working environment and culture
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
You're applying for
in Oconto Falls, United States