Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, files and maintains medical records daily and upon discharge
- Cleans and maintains chart binders and dividers
- Rotates medical records annually and tags for shredding according to facilities destruction policy
- Audits physician visits and notifies physician of required visits
- Maintains file cabinets, copies, orders, and stocks all forms as needed
- Prepares envelopes for mailing to physicians
- Tracks return of telephone orders, reviews for signature and date and files in medical record
- Faxes and retrieves faxes for the nursing department and distributes to the appropriate individuals
- Prepares admission/re-admission chart packets
- Audits charts to ensure proper order and complete information as necessary
- Audits discharge records to ensure all records are complete before filing
- Prepares resident hall roster and distributes
- Photocopies as necessary
- Greets, assists and directs residents, visitors and providers personally and by phone1
- Photocopies under the direction of HIPAA privacy office, any records required to be sent for insurance, legal or other purposes
- Maintains resident confidentiality
- Any other duties assigned by Administrative staff
- High School diploma or GED and two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in Medical Records.
- Medical Record Clerk Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of scheduling and/or health care preferred.
- Requires proficiency in word processing and computer skills (Office, Excel, Power Point).
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- 401k (plus employer match)
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discount program
- Supportive working environment and culture
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
in Black River Falls, United States